Back in July, we looked at how Vue CLI and webpack work and I figured that it was time to look at Vue Router, as a follow-up. Vue Router is going to be pretty necessary for the state parks app, moving forward. Like I did last time, I used VueCLI and Bulma. I also put …Continue reading "Playing with Vue Router"
Last week, we finally got the park listing working and updated the instance at test.wisparks.jws.app. This week, I figured that we should add Bulma to the project and add sorting. So, let’s start by adding Bulma and cleaning the code up a little. See the Pen Wisc Parks (Part 5): Cleaning up the listing and …Continue reading "State Parks App: Let’s add Bulma and Sorting"
Last week, I got all the way to the end before the damn Google Sheets API stopped working on me. This week, I figured that we would create a JSON file out of the spreadsheet, host it somewhere, and then just use that. I started by creating a CSV file from the Google Sheets document, …Continue reading "State Parks App: Let’s try that again?"
Previously, we built an API for the State Parks App, using Google Sheets and we set up hosting for the thing. The next step is to actually write the first bit of the thing. When we created the API, we also wrote a little vue.js proof of concept that loops over the data and outputs …Continue reading "State Parks App: Let’s actually build something"
This post is 50% housekeeping and 50% devops, and something that normally wouldn’t warrant a blog post but I’m still getting over last week’s vacation and didn’t want to wait another week before posting new content. I promise that next week’s post is going to be more substantive.Continue reading "I moved jws.dev off of keybase"
At work, I use webpack all the time but it is with laravel. On this blog, I haven’t written much about laravel (something that I eventually want to correct). I do want to address the deficit of webpack content today, though.Continue reading "Playing with the Vue CLI and Webpack"
One of the things that are most important to me for phase 1 of the state parks app is to have the list of parks be sorted by how far the user is from the park. After all, Tower Hill State Park might be interesting but if you live 4 hours away, you aren’t likely …Continue reading "How to sort a list of locations by how close they are to you"
Previously, we took a look at my plan to build an app to track state parks. The first step towards phase 1 of the plan is to have some solid data, so we need to build an API. Last year, we looked at building a JSON API using Google Sheets. I don’t see any reason …Continue reading "State Parks App: The API"
I have been wanting to work with some statistical data for a while now. Recently, I came across The COVID Tracking Project (a project of The Atlantic) and I figured that I would would look at what I could get out of the project’s APIs. The project has a lot of API endpoints but I …Continue reading "Playing with COVID-19 data"