Yup, I am. Last year, I posted a lot about how I was building a state parks app to help with my goal of eventually visiting every park in the Wisconsin State Parks system. The most recent post was around November, though. Well, I am working on the app again and I am hoping to …Continue reading "Are you still working on the State Parks app?"
Last week, I wrote about creating a cloudflare worker. When I created that worker, I knew that I wanted to leverage that for the state parks app. This week, I created three new workers: one to get the user’s location, one to get the list of parks, and one to get an individual park. Let’s …Continue reading "State Parks App: I made some new APIs for the app"
Almost two years ago, I looked at how to use prefers-color-scheme to add “dark mode” to a website. It isn’t exactly a difficult change to make, so I figured that we could take this week to add it to the State Parks App. The last time we looked at this, it was supported by everything …Continue reading "Adding dark mode to your web app"
Earlier this year, we looked at Mapbox and how to use it to show a location on a map. I figured that now that we have a listing of park locations, it is time to look at mapping them. This might be a fairly brief post since everything that we are doing here has been …Continue reading "State Parks App: Mapping the park locations"
Last week, we finally got the park listing working and updated the instance at test.wisparks.jws.app. This week, I figured that we should add Bulma to the project and add sorting. So, let’s start by adding Bulma and cleaning the code up a little. See the Pen Wisc Parks (Part 5): Cleaning up the listing and …Continue reading "State Parks App: Let’s add Bulma and Sorting"
Last week, I got all the way to the end before the damn Google Sheets API stopped working on me. This week, I figured that we would create a JSON file out of the spreadsheet, host it somewhere, and then just use that. I started by creating a CSV file from the Google Sheets document, …Continue reading "State Parks App: Let’s try that again?"
Previously, we built an API for the State Parks App, using Google Sheets and we set up hosting for the thing. The next step is to actually write the first bit of the thing. When we created the API, we also wrote a little vue.js proof of concept that loops over the data and outputs …Continue reading "State Parks App: Let’s actually build something"
Previously, we have looked at the plan for the State Parks app and how I used a Google Sheets document as the back-end for the thing. The next step is to set up a new git repo and hosting. In an earlier day, I might be spinning up a DigitalOcean or Google Cloud VM but …Continue reading "State Parks App: Hosting and Code Management"
Previously, we took a look at my plan to build an app to track state parks. The first step towards phase 1 of the plan is to have some solid data, so we need to build an API. Last year, we looked at building a JSON API using Google Sheets. I don’t see any reason …Continue reading "State Parks App: The API"
Back in April, I visited Aztalan State Park and despite the recent death of my truck, I still want to continue with my plan to visit every state park in the Wisconsin State Parks system. My first thought when I set the goal was to just track it on my main website. While that works, …Continue reading "State Parks App: The Plan"